The Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact is designed to fit most countertops. It heats up and fries quickly. Maximum oil capacity is 1.1 liter and the basket holds up to 3/4 pounds of food which is a good amount for feeding a family or entertaining friends. Its die-cast bowl with pouring spout is non-stick and easy to clean. The embedded heating element helps the oil heat evenly resulting in crisp, moist dishes.
A short power cord comes with this unit to minimize the risk of tripping or becoming entangled in a long cord. The unit has a polarized plug to lessen the risk of electric shock.
Parts included on the Cuisinart CDF-100 are:
- Chrome plated steel mesh basket
- Cool touch side handles
- Detachable basket handle
- Removable lid
- Anti-odor charcoal filter
- Filter cover
- Non skid feet
- Indicator lights
Before using the fryer for the first time, you should thoroughly clean all of the parts.
Before you clean this unit, remove the lid and charcoal filter which is inside the lid. It is recommended that you clean the filter every 2 to 3 uses. It can be washed in warm, soapy water. You will know when the filter needs to be changed by the change in color which is usually after approximately 25 to 30 uses. The lid, basket and basket handle are dishwasher-safe. They should be place on the top rack.
To clean the outside of the unit, simply wipe it sown with a soft, dry cloth. You should never use harsh pads or abrasive cleaners. To clean the interior fill it with water and leave 1 ½ inches at the top. Put in a ¼ cup of baking soda and turn the fryer on letting it boil for approximately 10 minutes. Turn the unit off and let it sit with the mixture in it. When it cools, scrub the inside with a soft, firm bristle brush. Use the pour spout on the bowl to empty, then rinse thoroughly, and dry. Never immerse the unit in water.
- Made from BPA-free plastic parts and a stainless steel exterior housing. When a product is BPA-free that means it does not have Bisphenol A which is the chemical used to make polycarbonate products. This chemical has been used since the 1960s in food cans and hard plastic containers.
- Non-skid feet ensure additional stability
- Anti-odor charcoal filter
- Brushed stainless steel for durability
- Adjustable temperature control
- Die cast frying bowl maintains oil temperature for restaurant quality results
- Longer warranty
- Need a deep fryer thermometer
- Basket seems slight
The overall HomeCentric’s verdict for the Cuisinart CDF-100 is that it is a quality deep fryer. The design is compact for quick food preparation as well as easy storage and portability. Assembly is easy and maintenance is simple. The warranty states that this deep fryer will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal home use for three years from the date of purchase.